Sunday, July 3, 2011

Brunch with the bunch

In a nutshell
Fudz: Oriole Cafe & Bar
Cuisine: European
Code: Casual and smart
Location: 96 Somerset Road, Pan Pacific Services Suites, #01-01, Singapore 238163
Dial: +65 6238 8348
Damage: $30 per pax
Taste: To get your caffeine and alcohol fixes at the same time
Ambience: Dim lighting unless you choose to dine al fresco. Neighbouring patrons are a tad too close for comfort in case you want to whisper top trade secrets or sweet nothings.
Service: Good

The story
To be honest, we only went for the breakfast menu that was displayed on the acrylic tabletop board for weekends (till 3pm). We need eggs - scrambled, poached and fried and nothing could deter us from having breakfast at midday when normal human beings are already thinking about lunches.

Great coffee. So I heard from those who indulge in the black-brown liquid. I am not a coffee drinker so this pledge of thumbs-up come from everyone who had their coffee in Oriole. The owner is an award-winning barrister so we shall assume that he knows his coffee beans from the good and bad.

Latte

I did not intend to talk about Oriole's coffee. I only want to talk about their breakfasts. I am deeply in love with their Caesar Salad too but I have to save that for another day as well.

I am terrible with documenting.

They have Moroccan styled lamb sausages that come in a bowl. Do Moroccans eat their breakfast out of bowls? I wonder, I wonder.

With fried egg, chick peas, feta cheese

Scrambled
The portions look small for ravenous creatures like us. Our hunger subsided but we are used to being stuffed. I could have ordered that bowl of Caesar Salad... I dream about it all the time.

Eggs Benedict with ham topped off muffin buns

Full English Breakfast
The bacon strips are extremely salty. I am good at eating salty food but their bacon defeated my tongue without much of a fight. The eggs are done well but the sausages are either too porky or dry.

Breakfast is definitely not its forte but we asked for it.

I know, I really want to tell you how good the salad is.

No comments:

Post a Comment