Sunday, November 9, 2014

Potato Head Folk - Three Buns Kitchen

In a nutshell
Fudz: Potato Head Folk - Three Buns Kitchen (Level 1)
Cuisine: Gourmet burgers
Location: 36 Keong Saik Road, Singapore 089143 (Tong Ah)
Dial: +65 6327 1939
Interweb: http://www.pttheadfolk.com/

The story
I have not been posting. My job takes precedence when it comes to all other aspects of life, including my number of sleeping hours. This is a common situation for people who are at my age. Our life priorities are fucked up.

More work lamentations ensue when I met Cheryl for a Friday lunch. We had not seen each other for days and it felt like weeks. We made very good one-to-one therapy for each other.

It was Cheryl's birthday eve and I wanted to give her a treat. The Lokal does not serve food after 3pm so we trotted a few streets down to Keong Saik from Neil Road, hoping for some signs of atas food joint. She usually asks for McDonald's but Keong Saik is too hip for fast food outlets. If you want fast food, you go to Parkway Parade. It's haps but it's not hips.

I was on the phone when we were ordering at the cashier and what happened next was that Cheryl ended up paying for everything. I scored a free meal from a birthday girl just by yakking on the phone. She said it's my belated birthday treat and she's not particularly time-sensitive.

I guess I have to treat her in December in order to get onto the program.

Tong Ah is one of the quaintest blocks of establishments you can find in Singapore. We can still get our good ol' kaya toasts down the same road but one can't help feeling a little nostalgic to see the business being replaced by a popular bar and restaurant that hailed from Bali.

The burger joint offers 10 types of burgers on their menu. Since it's our first time at the local outlet, we took tentative baby steps and opted for Baby Huey.

Baby Huey S$20
From the picture, you can tell that the bun was well-toasted for that gratifying sensation when I took the first bite. What pleased me even more was the beef patty that was grilled medium well and I could still see a bit of pink in the meat. With the combination of sweet onions, cheese, lettuce and spicy mayo, the burger is juicy and altogether delicious.

Sorry, no photo of the glorious beef patty. I could not take any photos after the second bite. My hands were covered with grease and sauce and I had mayo all over my face. I used at least five serviettes to finish this burger. Not exactly environmentally friendly but there was no way you can eat this burger with decorum. I feel like a Pamy at that point in time.

House Fries
No burger is complete without fries. We hardly finished half of it because the burger had dominated the bulk of our tummy. You can opt for Naughty Fries if you like chilli.

Wing-Its
The wings were a bit of a disappointment despite its beautiful appearance. The meat was tasteless and the sauced coated skin was tough and chewy. The cut chilli, spring onions and shallots did little to enhance the taste of the chicken wings.

So I have nine more burgers to go before I become a full-fledged Potato Head.

You can download their menu on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment